29 November 2019: After seeing11 of its hotels recognised at this year’s World Travel Awards,it was the turn of Barceló Hotel Group
itself to be awarded a prestigious accolade, as it was named Best Hotel Management Company 2019.
The ceremony for the World Travel Awards, which recognise excellence in the tourism sector, was held at the Royal Opera Housein Muscat, the capital of Oman.
Jaime Buxó,Chief Business Development Officer at Barceló Hotel Group, said: “Winning this award is an international milestone, which recognises the enormous work that we are doing to standardise our processes and offer an excellent management service worldwide”.
“The hard work has already paid off; 56% of our hotels are incorporated under the management regime and this formula has allowed us to sign agreements this year to enter seven new destinations. Hungary, Tunisia and Dubai landed in 2019; and hotels will open in the Maldives, Sri Lanka, Poland and Slovenia between 2021 and 2022.“
Jaime Buxó continued: “This success has largely been due to the recognised ability of Barceló Hotel Group to sign agreements based on the needs of our local partners. It is something that differentiates us and positions us as a European hotel company with greater flexibility and ability to adapt to the particular needs of each hotel project.“
11 individual Barceló Hotel Group properties won awards at the 2019 World Travel Awards. These were:
– Formentor, a Royal Hideaway Hotel (Mallorca): Spain’s Leading Beach Hotel
– Royal Hideaway Corales Resort (Tenerife): Spain’s Leading Luxury Hotel Villa and Spain’s Leading Resort
– La Bobadilla, a Royal Hideaway Hotel (Granada):Spain’s Leading Boutique Hotel
– Barceló Isla Canela (Huelva):Spain’s Leading All-Inclusive Resort
– Barceló Sevilla Renacimiento (Seville): Spain’s Leading MICE Hotel
– Barceló Palmeraie (Marrakech, Morocco): Morocco’s Leading All-Inclusive Resort
– Barceló México Reforma (Mexico):Mexico’s Leading Conference Hotel
– Royal Hideaway Playacar (Mexico):Mexico’s Leading Resort 2019 and Mexico’s Leading All-Inclusive Resort
– Occidental at Xcaret Destination (Mexico):Mexico & Central America’s Leading Conference Hotel
– Barceló San Salvador (El Salvador): El Salvador’s Leading Hotel
– Barceló Tambor (Costa Rica):Costa Rica’s Leading Resort
About the World Travel Awards:
The World Travel Awards were created in 1993with the aim of recognising excellence in more than a hundred categories of the global tourism sector; mainly destinations, hotels, airlinesandtravel agencies, among others. An international jury of more than 200,000 professionals is responsible for selecting finalists and winners.
About Barceló Hotel Group:
Barceló Hotel Group, the hotel division of the Barceló Group, is the 2nd largest chain in Spain and the 29th largest in the world. It currently has 251 4- and 5-star city and holiday hotels, and more than 55,670 rooms, distributed in 22 countries and marketed under four brands: Royal Hideaway Luxury Hotels & Resorts, Barceló Hotels & Resorts, Occidental Hotels & Resorts and Allegro Hotels. It is also part of the Crestline Hotels & Resorts group, an independent hotel company with 120 establishments.