MIAMI –Royal Hideaway Playacar is honored to be included in Forbes Travel Guide’s 2019 Star Awards in the category of “Recommended Hotels.” The recognition further solidifies the property’s status as one of the very best adults-only and all-inclusive resorts in the Riviera Maya. Since 1958, this prestigious award hasshowcased the best luxury hotels in the world, which are analyzed and qualified under an extensive list of strict parameters within the Star Rating system.
“We’re extremely proud to continue to be recognized by Forbes Travel Guide in their distinguished 2019 Star Awards,” said Yuridia Domínguez, Director of Sales & Marketing at Royal Hideaway Playacar. “The resort’s entire team deserves kudos for making Royal Hideaway Playacar an unforgettable place for an adults-only, all-inclusive vacation.”
According Forbes Travel Guide, some of Royal Hideaway Playacar’s most outstanding aspects include:
• A convenient oceanfront location alongside one of the Riviera Maya’s most beautiful beaches
• Alush garden area, which is full of canals and bridges that lend the spot a very romantic atmosphere
• The resort’s six swimming pools, many of which boast incredible views of the Caribbean Sea
• The elegantdesign of its villas and décor of its beautifully appointed rooms and suites
• The resort’s diverse gastronomic offerings which include six à-la-carte restaurants led by Michelin-Star Executive ChefAlejandro Sánchez
• Relaxing treatments offered at the property’s spa — the icing on the cake of an unforgettable vacation experience
Royal Hideaway Playacaralso boasts the AAA-Four Diamond award distinction and is a member of Leading Hotels of The World. Resort guests can enjoy daily concierge service, making it easy to make dinner reservations, arrange for private transportation or additional activities. And there are plenty of activities to choose from.
During their stay, guests can try their hand at sailing or hop on a catamaran — one free daily rental is included for each guest. Basketball, ping pong, and two tennis courts are also available, and guests can borrow bikes and kayaks from the property as well. Thanks to the property’s scuba diving center, it is also possible to experience the thrills of scuba diving. Guests can get certified, attend classes and either rent or buy everything needed at the PADI 5-star shop.
Royal Hideaway Playacar is also well known for being one of the most luxurious resortsin all of Playa del Carmen.At the resort, guests will be able to indulge inupscale activities and attractions, including:
• High Tea: An elegant mid-afternoon break, Royal Hideaway’s High Tea service is prepared daily on a terrace with sweeping views of the surrounding landscape.Enjoy a glass of sparkling wine, a cup of gourmet coffee, or some delicious English tea paired with canapés, specialty sandwiches and handcrafted cakes.
• Royal Club Theater:Each night, the spacious Royal Club Theater hosts exceptional performances (live music, dance and beyond), not to mention an exquisite menu of authentic Mexican favorites during its popular “Mexico Show.”Get dressed up in your finest evening wear and enjoy an elevated date night.
• Chef’s Table:The resort’s unique Chef’s Table experience at Las Ventanas restaurant is particularly outstanding as it is the only one in the entire Yucatan Peninsula. This experience gives participants a chance to interact with charismatic Michelin-Star Executive Chef Sanchez while he prepares different courses for them explaining all techniques and ingredients in detail, as well as provide anecdotes about the creation of the dishes. The Chef’s Table consistsof a9 course meal with wine pairings, and is also available to book by visitors in the area.
• Allegria Bar:After dinner, guests will discover evening excitement at Allegria, including Spanish guitar concerts, karaoke, salsa dancing lessons and much more. And you’ll love Allegria’s cocktails. Forgoing the tropical clichés like daquiris and piña coladas, the offerings here lean more toward elegant libations, such as the refreshing Green Juniper (Tanqueray gin, Cointreau, cucumber juice, Perrier, basil-rosemary syrup, basil leaves and cucumber slices) and the complex Smoky Mexican Pepper (Don Julio Blanco tequila, mezcal, Agavero blue agave tequila, pineapple, coriander leaves and lime).
• Under The Stars Massage at the Retreat: Royal Hideaway Playacar’s world-class spa offers a signature Under the Stars massage that is indulgent and unforgettable. The private outdoor treatment takes place on a sleep-approved massage table next to a beautiful spa pool lighted only by candlelight and relaxing music.
Learn more about Royal Hideaway Playacar at barcelo.com/en-us/royal-hideaway/hotels/mexico/riviera-maya/royal-hideaway-playacar